We have a great number of permanent and contract IT vacancies. Here is a selection.
Project Manager (Software Vendor / Consultancy) - Redhill -
Responsible for managing, from initiation through to completion, both internal and external development and implementation projects to meet / exceed the main
stakeholders’ agreed expectations. External projects must be commercially managed in line with the agreed customer contract.
- Ensuring that all (internal and external) projects are managed in line with the project management framework to deliver to agreed quality, scope, time, budget
and commercial terms
- applying project lifecycle, method, processes and procedures
- managing and coordinating all resources allocated to projects
- identification and quantification of project risks and mitigating actions
- production and maintenance of project status reports, plans and logs
- ensuring the completion and sign-off of post project retrospectives.
- Fostering a collaborative working partnership between the business and customer project teams, ensuring expectations are aligned and teams are working to a
- Work closely with the Customer Relationship Managers to ensure timely, accurate and coordinated communication with customers and key
- Promote the value of project management , encourage knowledge transfer and develop project management capability within the business.
- Defining and agreeing commercially viable project objectives, scope and deliverables in accordance with the company procedures and budget targets, ensuring these are
aligned with commercial obligations in customer contracts.
- Preparation and maintenance of project initiation documents, detailed project plans and issues, risk and change logs.
- Responsibility for agreeing project prioritisation and key success factors, against which delivery will be managed, with key stakeholders.
- Produce and maintain resource scheduling forecasts.
- Ensure that all projects are managed commercially and adequately resourced and resourcing conflicts are managed to meet stakeholder expectations and maximise
- Adhere to formal internal and external project reporting and communication standards.
- Manage the project team and interfaces with the customer’s team.
- Manage the change control authorisation process and ensure that appropriate authorisation is gained for proposed changes.
- Ensure that project resources are appropriately booked to the correct cost centre for project billing.
- Ensure deliverables meet the quality standards of the business.
- Conduct and document appropriate project handover, closedown and review activities.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of project management approach, processes and standards within the business.
A summary of the key attributes for success in the role are:
- Collaborator: engages openly and enthusiastically with customers and colleagues; able to effectively facilitate meetings and workshops.
- Commercially aware: excellent negotiation skills;identifies and progresses opportunities for revenue generation / enhanced margins / new sales; promotes the
value of the company solutions.
- Communicator: fosters open dialogue; has the ability to listen and understand different points of view without judgement; ability to negotiate in difficult
situations resulting in positive outcomes for all; effectively shares knowledge; written communication is clear and succinct.
- Influencer: presents effectively in a variety of settings; commands attention and encourages interactions; acts with integrity and fosters trust and respect;
inspires the team.
Requirements To Travel
Some travel may be required to fulfil the requirements of the role. The majority of travel is likely to be within the UK.
The role requires supervision of project teams to ensure projects are delivered to a high standard, on time and to budget.
Qualifications / Education
- Educated to degree level having achieved 2:1 or higher, depending on the awarding institution
- Recognised Project Management qualification or demonstrable experience
- Experience of managing multiple external customer facing projects in a consultancy or software vendor environment.
- Track record of delivering to time, budget, scope, customer expectations and commercial terms working with a mixed customer and in-house team.
- Experience of delivering implementation projects with a large software/technology component as part of a business change programme.
- Strong leadership skills with experience of senior stakeholder management.
- Experience of implementing high value packaged software solutions.
- Previous project management experience in financial services, public sector, corporate sector, software systems or consultancy organisation.
Principal Systems Architect - Cambridgeshire - c£45K-£50K plus
This role is mainly responsible for the system design and specification of the Core Network and RAN related aspects of the novel small cell system being
developed by the client. The role is to strengthen the overall Systems group in the areas of Core Network interconnection protocols and RAN signalling protocols.
• Primarily responsible for the design, analysis and specification of Core Network and RAN network protocols and associated
• Responsible for the design, analysis and specification of other system areas as required.
• Produce and peer review system level specifications for the small cell system
• Support the software developers in the understanding and implementation of the system specifications
• Support the System Test team with the understanding and testing of the system specifications
• Responsible for interpreting the 3GPP specifications and defining the signalling behaviour of the system from the UE through to
the Core Network.
• Good understanding of ITU and 3GPP standards
• Ability to understand and deal with system-level design issues, especially in the areas of system performance, capacity and
• Experience with UML modelling and Object oriented design
• Ability to work with loosely defined requirements and, through research, design and peer interaction, derive comprehensive designs
• Ability to write formal specifications in clear English
• Ability to apply existing knowledge to novel requirements
• Ability to work well both in a team and alone: the systems team works through both collective design and strong individual
contribution to it
• Knowledge of standard 3GPP UTRAN and E-UTRAN procedures (RANAP, RRC, RRM, GTP, GTP-U, IuUP, S1-AP, S1-U, X2)
• Knowledge of standard 3GPP Core Network procedures mainly for LTE (S2 (a,b, etc.), S10, etc.)
• Familiarity with Sigtran, with some understanding of SS7 for legacy products
• Familiarity with IP networks and protocols essential
• Familiarity with ATM networks and protocols desirable
• Exposure to DHCP, DNS, NTP, RTP and SSH preferred
• Exposure to network management principles in the areas of Configuration, Fault, Performance and Security management an
• Familiarity with the TR-069 protocol and the TR-196 data model preferred
• Experience of IOT and the issues associated with integrating a product solutions into an operator's network an
• Background in embedded software development preferred
• Background of working in or with a mobile operator preferred
• Degree or higher qualification in relevant a Engineering or science subject preferred
Has a good understanding of telecommunications environment and mobile technology and is aware of new advances that are likely to affect the organisation.
Understands the impact of their role within the wider context of the clients strategic goals and objectives.
Possess strong communication skills and is comfortable in discussing ideas and solutions with others in order to successfully resolve issues. Identifies relevant
information, who to communicate it to and the appropriate means by which to do so. Can communicate effectively with remote working teams.
Is comfortable working within a matrix environment and contributes positively and effectively to team goals. Encourages collaborative team spirit and maintains
team harmony even when under pressure.
Is a self-starter, demonstrates a 'can-do' attitude and is able to adapt to new role requirements with ease. Demonstrates self-drive, focus and a determination
to succeed. Applies initiative when required and takes ownership for achievement of own activities.
Senior Software Engineer - Reading - c£55K plus
In order to continue to deliver high quality solutions our client is currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Software Engineer.
As the successful applicant this will involve extending current software modules, integrating 3rd party components and implementing new ones. You will be a Linux
developer with C++, Java and scripting experience who considers all technologies when designing a solution and chooses the appropriate technology to achieve an efficient and effective
You will be working within a multi-disciplined Scrum team and will be expected to take an active role in capturing and understanding product requirements, producing
design documentation, coding and creating automated tests. You will work closely alongside the rest of the team members to achieve the team goals and will assist others to ensure the team’s
sprints are successfully completed.
- Designing, coding & testing product components to enhance security products
- Supporting all aspects of the development process by attending and contributing in planning, status and review meetings
- Working with the internal documentation and localisation team to ensure successful product delivery
- Providing Technical leadership whilst guiding and motivating a team
- Working as technical specialist taking overall responsibility for design and implementation in specialist area
- Proven experience of developing software for Linux platforms
- Experience of successfully delivering complex commercial Java & C++ applications
- Experience of developing software within the Scrum framework
- Ability to contributing to project planning and prioritise effectively
- Clear and concise communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to report and monitor own progress and that of other team members
- Experience of writing unit tests and test driven development
- Demonstrable Object Oriented programming experience
- Experience of using the Eclipse development environment
- Good understanding of the complete software development lifecycle
- Ability to coach other team members and review their work
- Ability to adapt to a changing technical environment
- Experience of test automation
- Ability to take a lead role (Scrum Master, Project or Technical Lead) and motivate others
- Knowledge of one or more internet protocols; including SMTP and MIME
- Exposure to other Agile software development techniques
- Knowledge and experience of database design and writing SQL
- Self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude, and a passion for developing high quality, efficient software
- Proactive and enthusiastic quick learner with the ability to work as part of a team
- Committed individual focused on achieving the team’s goals
- Innovative individual who enjoys exploring new technologies and techniques in addition to promoting new ideas
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related subject
The job is located in Reading, Berkshire, UK.
Media Specialist (Front-end Web Development) - Surrey -
Key Job Responsibilities
- Produce market leading marketing collateral for all platforms, verticals and business units. This will showcase the solutions and demonstrate strengths compared to
- Ensure that there a strong focus on the aesthetic design and usability of all collateral and documentation.
- Produce product documentation. This includes on-line and procedural help, knowledge bases, portals and training materials.
- Ensure that there a strong focus on the aesthetic design and usability of the documentation.
- Produce sales and marketing collateral for all platforms, verticals and business units. This will encompass:
o Talking head overview functional videos; screenshots narrated by internal SMEs and customers.o Video guides that replace traditional demos and show how the solutions
are used, emphasising the strengths when compared to completion.o ‘Whitelabel’ demo self-service sites that can be given to prospects for them to explore during the sales process.
o Build prototypes prior to product owner progressiono Build “smoke & mirrors” prototypes for demo presentations
- User and release documentation. Deliverables include context sensitive, procedural, troubleshooting and ‘how-to’ help and business level material.
- Produce slick sales presentations for each vertical / market
- Maintain knowledge bases and portals. Ensure that they are useful, comprehensive and consistent.
- Work with Training to develop and maintain a range of training deliverables including text-based tutorials, video-based demos and e-learning materials
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and techniques in collateral and web design
- Within a team structure, to manage their own work load, collaborating with colleagues and resolving conflicting priorities in consultation with internal
- Key relationships: Product, Brand, Business Development, CRM
Requirements To Travel
Possible occasional requirement. Largely office-based (either Redhill or Altrincham)
Qualifications / Education
- Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant subject.
Work Experience Required
- Experience of building a library of multimedia product collateral evidenced through a portfolio of work
- Highly creative with a great eye for detail
- Experience of working for a software company
- Experience of Content Management Systems
- Experience in agile methods
Full Stack Developer - London - £50K-£60K plus benefits
This is a rapidly growing online learning platform. The aim to become the prime digital location in the UK for people who want to learn or teach personal development
After enjoying considerable success and high engagement levels on the original website, our client is in the process of migrating to a new platform that encompasses much of what they have learned
about their users.
Their overall aim is to deliver the best possible course experience and relevant recommendations to each student, whilst also providing them with a unique digital
location to showcase and share their learning goals and achievements.
Tech Stack / Key Skills
- Meteor (Node.js, MongoDB)
Tech Description / Description of skills needed
Our clients online course platform uses bleeding edge modern web development tools focused on user experience to offer user's a new, exciting way to learn. Their core
framework is Meteor which they've extended heavily to create new tools which work well with React and let them develop new features fast so good knowledge of the framework or Node.js and an ability
to learn fast are required.
Our clients site is focused on user experience so as well as solid back end skills, you'll need to have a good eye for front end and be deeply familiar with HTML/CSS.
Their user facing site uses a custom developed (and well documented!) set of React components and their admin panel uses Material UI to give their team a seamless experience for setting up and
Digital Design Executive - London - c£25K plus benefits
As a Digital Designer you will have strong creative idea generation skills and will work with the in-house Marketing team, and the Content
and SEO teams to generate great campaign ideas, help create great content and digital assets for the Agency, and for Clients.
If you have good digital creative skills and the ability to visualise the complex in a simple way, as well as the ability to create engaging and attention grabbing
digital assets, we’d love to hear from you!
You will need to be:
- Keen interest in digital and a desire to learn more is a must
- Creative, with the ability to suggest ideas for client and agency campaigns and work with a team to develop those ideas
- Great at building relationships with your colleagues and our clients
- Someone who has excellent Photoshop skills, and a designer's eye
- * Great at visualisation and able to communicate complex strategies or techniques, simply
- Organised; a self-starter with excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- A great communicator with good verbal, written, email and telephone communication skills
- Able to source images and used to attributing images to sources correctly
- Experienced in the use of project management software and experience of using Content Management Systems would be a big plus
- Friendly and outgoing, enjoy building new relationships and working with multiple stakeholders internally
- Preferably educated to Degree standard
And it would be great if you have:
- Web usability and user centred design experience
- Video editing skills
Web Developer - Crawley - c£30K-£35K plus benefits
• Design, build and maintain bespoke object-orientated PHP applications
• Update and improve existing internal applications
• Building great, readable and well-documented code with an eye for QA
• Maintain up-to-date specification and technical documentation for each application
• Integrate with various third-party APIs to further enhance applications
• Perform research and development tasks
• Be able to communicate to other team members who aren’t technically focused
• Contribute ideas and solutions to the team
• 3+ years full time experience in a backend development role working within a LAMP stack environment
• Complete knowledge of HTML, CSS
• Good understanding of JSON, XML and APIs
• Working with version control (we use SVN)
• Knowledge of database and application optimisation for better performance You will be…
• Fascinated by technology with a key interest in exploring different solutions to create the optimal product for our users
• Be sparky and full of ideas and the kind of person who’s happy to work in a team
• Fixated on scaling systems and building platforms that last
• Self-motivated, able to quickly assess situations and business needs and come up with solutions to any problems that may come your way
• Fluent in written and spoken English and must be resident in the UK
• A competitive salary
• 33 days holiday per year including bank holidays
• A friendly, dynamic working environment
• 41.25 hours per week (includes a 1 hour paid lunch break each day)
• A range of employee benefits and discounts across the group
Networking Security Professional - Hampshire -
Our client requires a Networking Security Professional to work within their Security Operations and IT Support function to manage the growing estate of
clients’ security infrastructures and review deployment to nd areas of improvement.
Main duties include management, monitoring and conguration of rewalls, intrusion systems and security alerting systems, server and infrastructure support and occasional end user support
- You must be capable of performing: advanced security analysis; network and systems security assessments; security product evaluations; securing information systems;
developing security, certication and accreditation documentation; certication testing; and other similar activities.
- Additionally you must be able to operate independently, perform some project management duties, and mentor other development team members.
- To support the security activities of the security management team.
- Firewall conguration management and rewall conguration standards
- Firewall administration and rewall log
- Firewall security monitoring
- Network security operational management
- Firewall risk assessment and standards review, network and Internet platform risk and control
- Investigate security vulnerabilities and compliance of new and existing products and collaborate to dene solutions, resolve the vulnerabilities, conduct security
reviews and get product security clearance from security review boards.
To be a successful contributor to the team you must have;
- Worked as part of a network security & network support team delivering directly to end user clients
- Gained practical, hands on experience of Fortinet, Sonicwall, Checkpoint or Juniper series of rewall solutions
- Prociency in the operational management of security solutions, reviewing existing client security architectures and the documentation of security standards and
rewall risk assessment.
THE MUST HAVES (skills & knowledge):
- Practical experience of managing multi vendor rewall implementations
- Education - Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar eld
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience and minimum 3 years’ experience focusing on security and compliance
- Expertise in security related Internet protocols such as IPSec, SSL/TLS and familiarity with common Internet protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, RTP, DNS, HTTP,
- Experience in technologies such as encryption, rewalls, intrusion prevention, authentication and authorization
- Experience with security aspects of Cloud-Based SaaS products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
THE NICE TO HAVES:
- Knowledge and experience of server infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience of ISO/IEC 27001, PCI DSS & DPA standards CISSP (Certied Information Systems Security Professional), ISC2
- Practical experience of SIEM and log correlation systems
- Experience of penetration testing and other security controls
Lead 3D Environment Artist - Glasgow - c£33K-£43K plus
Our client are expanding their Senior team and are looking to hire experienced LEAD 3D ENVIRONMENT ARTIST to lead project based asset teams on a
full time basis working onsite in Glasgow.
This role requires a skilled artist with a broad background creating different types of assets using both hard surface and sculpted techniques.
You’ll be a personable, pro-active, self starter who can motivate and lead the team around you as well as work with the Head of Department to implement consistent
working practice and ensure the standard and quality of the assets are consistently high.
Prior Lead experience is a must, as is thorough knowledge of Modelling, Sculpting, Texturing and Shading as well as the ability to troubleshoot technical
A good understanding of the asset production pipeline including pre-production, production and post-production is also necessary. Candidates must be willing and able
to work onsite in Glasgow, and have relevant visas in place permitting this, if required, at time of application.
- Producing high quality assets suitable for production both technically and artistically
- Managing a team of artists, keeping them on track and motivated
- Supporting a team of artists with any technical problem solving
- Technical and quality control of output on assigned project
- Ensuring assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Managing feedback and technical challenges on project alongside the CG Supervisor and Department Heads
- Liaising with production on task assignment and scheduling of the team Interpreting and communicating the directors feedback and vision to the team
- Working closely with the Department Head to identify process improvements/tools to increase department productivity
- Accomplished examples of Modelling, Texturing and Shading
- Thorough knowledge of Modelling package of your choice is essential
- Thorough knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox is essential
- Thorough knowledge of Mari and/or Bodypaint 3D, Substance Painter or other 3D texturing software is essential
- Knowledge of Python, C++, VEX is desirable
- Knowledge of Speedtree, World Machine etc is desirable
- Basic understanding of Lighting and Look Development
- Willingness to learn SideFX Houdini workflow
- Good communication skills and ability to work interactively with production and other departments to solve production challenges
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to confidently lead and schedule a team
- Ability to feedback to other departments and direct any technical changes
- Proven production experience within a team min. 5 years
Software Developer - Chester, Cheshire - c£35K-£45K plus
- The developer will work as part of the development team to improve existing features and introduce new capabilities to the customer engagement platform.
- The developer is able to implement from an idea through to production quality working software with associated artifacts as required to support customers using the
feature on the infrastructure meeting required timescales for development.
- The developer is expected to be capable of working across the full stack of technologies in the platform and being able to identify areas for improvement, and take
responsibility for delivering those quality improvements.
- Simple, incremental design: ensure that the simplest design at the time is used, whilst meeting architectural constraints.
- Spiked examples: identify areas where prototyping or proving a design is necessary, and producing an appropriate spike.
- Code: artifacts required to support features are developed, committed to source control and deploy on all environments.
- No Bugs: ensure that all code is production quality with automated tests as required to show that there are no bugs.
- Testing: code should have appropriate test coverage, either through TDD, unit or acceptance tests.
- Refactoring: ensure that the quality of the code is improved every time it is worked on.
- Performance Optimizations: develop a system that exceeds the required performance constraints.
- Release: assists in releasing developed code into test and production/live environments.
- Support: is able to work with test or production/live environments to identify and provide fixes to any issues.
- Plans: with the team, ensure they have appropriate work to deliver, and what time scales to expect completion.
- Reports: to be able to provide reports on code quality and feature delivery times.
The platform is built on the following technologies. The candidate is expected to have experience with most of these technology's or an equivalent.
- Java, Guava (collections), Spring Framework (IOC), Spring Integration (messaging), Quartz (scheduling), Jersey (REST)
- JUnit and Cucumber (testing), maven (build tool), liquibase (database migrations)
- MySQL, MongoDB, graph databases
- AWS (SES, SQS, EC2, Route53), Linux (RHEL/CentOS), Apache, Tomcat, git and github.com
To fit into the team, you'll likely have the following attributes
- Problem solver
- Good sense of humour
- Desire for responsibility
- Accountability Team player
- Hard working and committed
- Competitive salary
- Free Parking
- Share options
- Social events
- Free beverages