We have a great number of permanent vacancies. Here is a selection.
Business Development Manager (Scotland & North England) - Scotland / North England -
c£35K-£45K plus benefits - Heat/Energy Industry and Associated Products
As a Regional Business Development Manager your primary responsibility is to grow the customer base in your region. Your role will involve
increasing sales, pushing forward orders and managing customer relationships to maintain the market leading position.
Key skills & Requirements
- Have at least 5 year’s direct sales experience, with a demonstrable successful track record of closing sales
- Experience within the energy industry or a related industry is desirable.
- Have a professional business qualification or equivalent.
- Able to solve problems and deal with complex and ambiguous situations
- A proven communicator, with the ability to use written, oral and PowerPoint presentations to gain organisational support and enthusiasm for initiatives
- A strong team player, with drive and determination as well as an ability to lead and inspire other team members and staff
- Results focused
- Self-starting and ability to self-generate leads
- Effective decision making
- Business understanding
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Planning and organisation skills
- Proactive approach
New Business Development
- Increase market share in your region through increasing sales, pushing forward orders and growing current customer accounts.
- Margin management of existing and new business
- Cold call as appropriate within your region to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches
- Work with the team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Manage existing customer relationships to ensure confidence and trust
- Ensure customers are informed in relation to supply considerations, quality criteria and value.
- Advise customers of grant support mechanisms and relevant legislation.
- Secure longer term commitment by concluding appropriate customer supply contracts.
Business Development Planning
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders (including installers, specifiers and architects) to build our customer base.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new customers and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Help develop and implement regional sales targets and budgets.
- Establish a strong relationship with manufacturing staff to ensure visibility of the supply implications of market development.
- Contribute to the development of the most efficient distribution channels for deliveries to customers.
- Monitor and review the commercial activities of competitors on an ongoing basis.
- Develop strong relationships with equipment providers and installers.
- Provide a report each month of progress in achieving business objectives.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that you will continue to enhance the company’s performance.
Product Team, Energy Plant Managers and Team Leaders, Finance Team, Human Resources and administration.
Customers, equipment providers and installers, distributors and government bodies
Account Manager (Fragrances/Perfumery) - Buckinghamshire - c£40K-£45K plus
- Monitor sales against budget
- Manage and drive sales growth
- Develop / improve account profitability
- Establish new & maintain key customer contacts
- Develop a thorough understanding of customers business, brands, products and needs
- Monitor and maintain high levels of service
- Maintain Symrise’s professional image with customers
- Gain in depth knowledge of the market, its competition, trends, possibilities and restraints.
- Develop & implement Key Account plans and strategy planning
- Prepare sales budgets
- Input into expenditure budget
- Communicate & co-ordinate account activities to local and international colleagues as appropriate
- Initiate & manage all aspects of briefs
- Communicate & involve relevant personnel in projects
- Participate in fragrance evaluations and selections
- Customer and business orientated
- Commercial awareness
- Motivation for self and others
- Achievement / goal orientated
- Communication on all levels
- Concern for excellence in every task
- Ownership and entrepreneurial drive
- Problem solving
- Customer orientation
- Judgement/decision making
- Commercial awareness
- Planning & organising
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Initiative – proactivity
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Strategic thinking and implementation
- Teamwork and team player
- Planning and organising
- Motivation for self and others
- Interpersonal skills
- Manage internal customer in addition to external customer
- 3-5 years sales experience in related market (Fragrances / Perfumery for the Retail market)
- high level computer literate (quick to pick up on new tools)
- technical awareness
- innovative / creative nature
- Must be willing and able to travel (national and international)
Marketing Manager (Fragrance/Perfumery) - Buckinghamshire - c£60K plus
You will be required to ensure our client has a sound and objective understanding of its current and potential markets, products, customers and competitors.
Overall responsibility for managing and maintaining the Marketing department and resources.
Responsible for producing timely and relevant customer presentations with specific category knowledge across all sectors of focus. Develop & implement
creative marketing strategies that will make an impact, inspire the creative and sales teams, support company objectives and drive sales. You will be the key marketing person for marketing the
product in EAME
- Management of marketing resources and activities; paying attention to long term sales forecasts and targets to enable the team to achieve strategic objectives and
- Monitoring and analysing current and future market trends, identifying key fragrance and product launches. Use this to provide insight into core focus categories and
present these findings to colleagues and customers.
- Studying competitors’ products and services.
- Updating and refreshing long standing marketing projects to continue their success with our customers.
- Prepare and manage marketing plans, schedules and budgets.
- Work and communicate effectively with other departments such as Sales, Evaluation & Perfumery.
- International project management and co-ordination; Liaise with international Marketing teams regarding work completed/scheduled to ensure best use of
- Present market findings and suggestions to company directors or other senior managers.
- Provide innovative and effective marketing work; including trend brochures, fragrance brochures & sample support, market reviews, gap analysis, new launch
information and data analysis for the home care, fine fragrance and personal care customers.
- Provide updates for the creative and development teams, as to new products/concepts/technologies within our key focus areas and beyond category as
- Effective use of company tools and databases
- Providing biannually Product Trend presentation
- Occasional travel through Europe for presentations to customers
- Job holder supports account managers with marketing knowledge and presentations
- Delivering projects on deadline
- Identifying target markets and developing strategies to support the entrance and performance in these markets.
- Evaluate the success of past and current projects and implement and develop marketing plan alterations as required.
- Support training and management of any junior marketing trainees
- Responsible for all trend work from concept to finished marketing materials, including concepts, names and colours, in conjunction with Evaluation department, to keep
product offering commercial.
- Responsible for providing a new product newsletter – the UK Company Market Summary.
- Support formulation of objectives with Account Managers to deliver sales targets and positively contribute to customer retention.
Key Contacts (internal/external): (e.g. clients, suppliers, associations)
- Sales Director,
- Senior Marketing Manager,
- Account Managers,
- Evaluation teams,
- Marketing colleagues in Paris and Germany
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Masters Degree is essential
- Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience
- High levels of creativity.
- Demonstrate high commercial awareness and technical marketing skills. Display knowledge about product, the market place and customers.
- Display knowledge of and use a wide range of marketing tools, techniques and concepts.
- To build trust, value colleagues, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems
creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Excellent written & presentation skills.
- An excellent communicator.
- Able to respond well to pressure and demanding deadlines.
- Be proactive and able to take the initiative, solve problems and provide solutions.
- Be able to make objective decisions.
- Be aware of people strengths and be able to inspire and motivate a team.
- Ability to use all Microsoft Office packages & Adobe creative suite – including Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Continually compiling sensory training & knowledge – In House and via University of Plymouth Fragrance Diploma.
- Excellent organization, prioritisation and project management skills.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with a wide range of people in all departments.
- A strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Experience in developing, maintaining and delivering on marketing strategies to meet company objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact persuasively and diplomatically with a wide range of people.
- Be able to work within a budget and have good business awareness.
Head of Sales (Tech Start-up) - London - c£45K-£55K plus
Our client is an ambitious tech start-up and looking to reinvent the way people discover and hire equipment online, for their events.
They aim to make it quicker and easier than ever to organise equipment whilst providing an unrivalled customer experience.
This is your chance to join at an exciting stage of the journey as they’re experiencing rapid growth and have recently transitioned to their brand new B2B marketplace.
You’ll be leading the sales team, helping them to accelerate and grow their customer base and develop key relationships with their existing customers. Your role will
be dedicated to opening and closing new sales deals for the company.
The potential for the business is huge so they're looking for someone who strives to push against any barriers put before them and is empowered to start a new
challenge in their career.
You’ll be a core part of the management team and will be instrumental in accelerating revenues for the business and responsible for implementing and managing the sales
process. They're looking for a real leader who is a known deal closer and thrives on creating commercial value.
- Experience working in sales in a startup - ability to coach and mentor individual members of the sales team
- Understanding of technical selling - previous technical/technology sales and management experience is essential; obsessive about hitting targets
and not afraid to be persistent to chase down deals; impressive ability to build rapport and trust with people quickly without being face-to-face; commercially minded and great with
- Experience in developing a strategy - implement strategies for different customer segments and drive focus areas for the sales team.
- Great written skills and can write personable, persuasive and professional emails
- Excellent time management and strong attention to detail
- Brilliant IT skills and experienced in using and managing CRM systems
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Vibrant, entrepreneurial office environment complete with deck chairs, bean bags, coffee on tap and team table tennis games!
- Beautiful offices with skyline views of central London.
- Discounted membership at the Olympic gym, swimming pool and velodrome.
- Friendly and very energetic team
If you want to be part of a successful start-up story, then would love to hear from you!
Senior Marketing Advisor (Financial Services/Life &
Pensions) - Surrey
c£45K-£60K plus benefits
Key Job Responsibilities
- Understand the needs and challenges of customers in the target markets
- Create compelling commercial and market propositions and provide the market expertise to support the sales processes for these propositions
- Ensure the business is seen as leader and key influencer in its target markets.
- Identify new product and business solution opportunities and produce supporting business cases.
- Build detailed intelligence on the competitors.
- Provide support to Business Development and Customer Relationship Management in sales and bid processes in terms of overall solution, competitor and market
- Work closely with the Media team to produce the sales collateral used by Business Development & Customer Relationship Management.
- Provide content to Brand in terms of thought leadership and other market facing collateral.
Job Description Target Markets
- Actively engage externally with customers, prospects, industry consultants, trade groups and other influencers to ensure an understanding of key market change
drivers, business trends and the competitive landscape.
- Own and constantly refine and update the market strategy for each of our target markets.
- Maintain detailed information for each competitor that includes products, scope of solution, pricing, customers and contract terms, key people, structure, financials
and business strategy.
- Attend and speak at relevant industry conferences and events.
- Regular producer of thought leadership and other market content for Brand/ Marketing communications.
- Evaluate, recommend and maintain business relationships with third parties with whom they choose to partner.
New Product & Solution Opportunity Development
- Identify potential new product and solution opportunities, qualify those opportunities through robust research and create business cases for them.
- Where the business case for a new product or solution is approved, manage any agreed activities, as set out in the business case, to successfully bring to
- Produce Lean Canvas business cases to support product enhancements.
Support Business Development & Customer Relationship Management
- Work closely with the Media team to produce and own the sales collateral used by Business Development & Customer Relationship Management. Work closely with Brand
to ensure consistency and high quality.
- Provide support to Business Development and Customer Relationship Management in sales and bid processes in the area of overall solution, competitor and market
- Work closely with Business Solution MDs & Product Owners, to ensure market expertise is provided as context for product / solution developments.
- Work closely with Regulatory and Product Analytics in respect of utilising the detailed information from those areas as key inputs to market
Requirements To Travel
Mostly Redhill or Altrincham based but occasional UK & Ireland travel may be required.
Qualifications / Education
Work Experience Required
The role requires:
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Corporate/Public Sector/Financial Services life & pensions market
- Creation of a small business or new revenue stream [product or service line] within a larger organisation
- Pre sales experience including presenting to clients
PR Manager (Pharma/Healthcare) - London - c£45K-£55K plus
Our client seeks to appoint an experienced PR Professional with experience of PR/Communications around development of Pharmaceuticals through different phases
and the launch stage.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- Pre-launch and launch communications
- Product and data milestones; congress communications
- Disease awareness campaigns
- Patient engagement and education
- Media engagement
- Affiliate and internal communications
- Corporate and franchise communications
- Issues preparedness and crisis management
- Media training
- College or university degree or equivalent
- Minimum six or seven years in public relations or a relevant field
- Senior‐level writing, presentation and strategic/creative skills
- Superior knowledge/expertise in one or more functional specialties and/or business sectors
- Strong network of contacts in public relations or relevant field
- Industry knowledge and familiarity with current affairs
- Ability to work 7.5 hours a day, Monday to Friday, making a total of 37.5 hours per week with core hours of 10.00am to 4.30pm
- Due to the nature of the industry you are expected to be flexible and may be required to work outside of these hours including, at times, weekends
Direct Marketing Manager - London -
c£26K-£28K plus benefits
The Direct Marketing Manager is an experienced marketer who has complete responsibility for creating and executing innovative direct marketing plans for their
events. They will also have line management responsibility for other junior members of the marketing team. The Marketing Manager influences beyond the marketing of their own events, to the rest of
the marketing team.
The role reports to the Marketing Director or Senior Marketing Manager and works alongside the rest of the team.
Our client is looking for an intelligent, driven direct marketer to join our life sciences division who's already successfully running their own campaigns
but now ready to take it up a gear. Well versed in the fundamentals of event marketing, and already delivering great response campaigns across both core and new world marketing
The ideal candidate will be a university graduate with at least a 2:1 degree (preferably marketing / business related) with experience of working in a direct marketing
role in conferences, exhibitions, media or similar
You will also:
- Have the intelligence, work ethic and integrity to match the standards of the team
- Be highly proactive, with the energy and spirit to quickly address and solve challenges
- Be excited about driving commercial results through marketing
- Take a structure approach to decision making, and use this to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrate excellent relationship building skills
- Have a clear, open and honest communication style
- Be adaptable and flexible
- Experience of subscriptions would be advantageous but not essential
Responsibilities of the role:
- Event Branding – Vision, concepts, design guidelines
- Strategic Marketing for individual events
- Affiliate marketing through Sponsors and speakers
- PR/Press efforts
- Training rest of the marketing team
- Responsible for the marketing activities outlined in the strategic plan – Email; Web; Social; Digital etc…
- Campaign Analysis
- Social media strategy and management
- Topic and audience research
- Build industry partnership with association or industry partners
- Oversee and nurture the marketing database for quality and quantity
- Generate qualified leads
- Work closely with delegate sales reps, production and operations teams
- Plan and run project team meetings
- Do induction training for new starters
- Contribute to ongoing training of the entire marketing team
- Run quarterly appraisals
- Work through 12 month development plan
The guide activity split in the role initially is:
- 65% Website Marketing, Email Marketing, design, Social Media, Advertising, Media Partnerships, PR, planning and implementation of pre and post event marketing
- 20% Strategic planning
- 10% Management
- 5% Admin jobs (invoices, etc.)
You get that exquisite buzz each time your strategic marketing plan delivers leads and deals, and are fanatic about your events success.
You love owning your own campaigns and enjoy personal success and want to achieve it from within a supportive, driven, talented
You recognise there’s more to learn and to prove and you’re determined to find the place where you can do just that. Sound familiar?
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is ready to become a member of our highly commercial, record-breaking marketing team. You’ll be responsible
for the complete marketing strategy and end to end execution for a series of established and launch events within the life sciences portfolio.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, you will thrive on thinking and doing at pace, marketing up to three events per month. You will deliver powerful commercial
results through well-planned direct campaigns underpinned by innovative brand building activity.
- Competitive base salary plus bonus potential
- A structured career in a successful, expanding company with global scope
- A chance to truly make your mark and participate in shaping a growing business
- The opportunity to deliver on your core direct marketing skills and to develop into wider areas
- Ongoing training and personal development and coaching from talented managers
- A positive, open and inclusive environment
Director of International Markets - London - c£80K-£100K plus
The Director of International Markets will partner with the senior management team to define and implement the actions needed to develop network in both
existing and new markets.
To be successful in this role, the Director of International Markets will have clear career objectives: to increase global audience, by organising a dedicated team of country specific community
managers, and to support the senior management team in defining and implementing key strategic decisions.
Direct report to the CEO.
- Develop international markets in terms of active contributors, published news, and engaged audiences;
- Manage a growing team of 10+ professionals and hire new international talents;
- Identify and implement direct marketing activities and spread digital marketing best practices throughout different countries;
- Learn fast new digital marketing paradigms and implement them globally;
- Meet the business results in terms of Key Performance Indicators;
- Support a multi-year strategic business planning processes;
- Make the overall team stronger, by showing great leadership and team coaching competencies.
Attitude and approach are more important than competences and are the key to success. The candidate should:
- Be entrepreneurial, proactive, and innovative;
- Get things done, no matter what;
- The easier, the better;
- Never complain: focus on solutions, don’t focus on problems;
- Lead by example, driving everybody else in the company toward better results;
- Love positive pressure and new daily challenges;
- Go beyond the assigned daily tasks;
- Learn fast;
- Listen first and be humble;
- Be fair with colleagues, partner and clients.
London (UK) or New York (US).
What will give you an edge:
- 2/3 years at a top-tier consulting firm;
- An operational mind-set, hands-on experience and the willingness to dive into the detail and get your hands dirty.
Graduate Media Planning & Buying Executive - c£18K-£19K plus
Are you strategic yet creatively minded and have a passion for all things digital? The digital landscape is ever-changing and as a media planning executive
you will help identify new and innovative ways to reach audiences online as well as execute and report on media campaigns. Excited by the sound of this role? Then the world of media planning could be
right up your street!
Our client are offering a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic graduate to join what is a leading digital agency and receive market-leading digital media
As a Media Planning Executive in our busy media team, you will work across all areas of campaign planning, execution and results analysis for a range of B2B and B2C
blue chip clients operating in a variety of markets.
You will work under the guidance of a Media Planning and Trading Manager to plan campaigns across a variety of clients in different sectors and full training will be
Typically you will learn to:
- Analyse digital marketing campaigns and the competition in a client’s market
- Research target audiences
- Use research to fuel your creative media campaign planning
- Work with Ad Ops to set up campaigns across all major ad platforms
- Analyse results and optimise campaigns to maximize performance
- Discuss requirements and campaign performance with media owners
- Provide weekly & monthly results analysis and spot opportunities for new campaigns
- Work with other teams to develop client strategy
Analysing data will be something you are comfortable with and you should have creative flair so you can use data insights to identify opportunities for our
Key skills and qualities we are looking for include:
- Ideally an academic degree, science, maths, technology or English based with a minimum 2:1. Science, English or maths ‘A’ levels if not studied to degree
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable with data analysis
- Creative flair
- Strong time management and prioritising skills
- Some understanding of online advertising with a passion to learn more about the industry
- Good Excel and Powerpoint skills
Being able to manage multiple tasks is a must and a willingness to go above and beyond what is required is highly favourable. You will enjoy working in a busy
environment and will be quick to learn in an industry that is ever changing.